East Chop Lighthouse charm

# Y1-982

East Chop Lighthouse charm

East Chop Lighthouse charm

# Y1-982

Local historians remember this as the lighthouse the government didn’t want to build. They felt the West Chop lighthouse was sufficient to navigate the swift currents of the passage between the two headlands at the entrance to the Vineyard Haven harbor. In 1869, Captain Silas Daggett of Holmes Hole raised the money himself to build the lighthouse, which burned to the ground two years later. It was rebuilt, and Daggett served as the lighthouse keeper for the first years of this East Chop landmark.

$75

Product Details

Details

3/8" x 13/16

Name East Chop Lighthouse charm
Stock Number Y1-982
Type Charm
Style Nautical, Oak Bluffs, Vineyard Charms
Material Sterling Silver

Ask a Question

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.